Bacon / Cheese / Smallgoods
Thurne has an international reputation for high quality, precision engineered industrial slicing systems for bacon, cooked meats and cheese applications, and builds on 50 years of experience in the industry.
Since its formation in 1967, the company has been a leader in industrial high speed slicing equipment, developing a succession of ‘industry first’ slicers pioneering vision, scanning and computer technologies that benefit small family firms and large multi-site corporations alike.
The Thurne PolySlicer 1000 offers versatility, slicing accuracy and high throughput. The slicer is the ideal choice for processors who require a compact, versatile and easy to use machine. An involute or orbital cutting head and a large slicing aperture enable efficient multi-log slicing to produce stacks, shingles or fluff packs.
All options, including cutting head, interleaver, variety conveyor and stacker, can be retrofitted on site at any time, making it easy to meet future production needs without major investment.
Features & Benefits
- High speed involute or orbital blade option
- High performance involute blade running at up to 1500 rev/min
- Orbital blade for delicate or large products running at up 600 rev/min
- Product retraction eliminates sliver slices
- Variety of pack presentation formats
- Compact footprint
- Optional Interleaver can be retrofitted
- Optional Variety Conveyor can be retrofitted
- Optional Stacker for tall stacks ‹100mm
IBS2000 Select Bacon Slicer
The compact Thurne IBS2000 Select Bacon Slicer achieves high productivity with economy in pork belly or turkey bacon slicing – offering big performance from a small footprint. The machine produces all common retail and food service packs, from shingles and stacks to layout drafts and platters.
Thurne’s IBS 2000 Bacon Slicer provides maximum product control, producing well presented, consistent slices day in and day out, without thick-thin finning or slivers, while providing great first time on-weight performance and low giveaway for drafts of fixed weight and slice count.
Features & Benefits
- High throughputs of more than 70 retail packs/minute or more than 120 food service sheets/minute, subject to slice count
- Minimum 2.4% yield improvement over old-style mechanical slicers
- Consistent draft-to-draft slice count
- Accurate feed system delivers consistent slice thickness and quality without thick-thins or wedges
- THURNE® patented and proven cut face vision system maximises on weight percentages with minimum giveaway, reducing rework
- Continuous feed
- Ergonomic operator access
- Low maintenance components
- Fast and easy sanitation, thanks to easily removed product contact parts
- Wide range of bacon slicing and packing systems for retail and food service available.
IBS4600 Precooked Bacon Slicer
The Thurne IBS4600 has established itself as the industry frontrunner slicing solution for precooked bacon processing. Four independent feeds, four independent blades, four independent cameras, combined with Thurne vision technology has forged a bacon processing revolution known the world over.
IBS4600 is the world’s first slicer to have 4 independent feeds, each with its own vision system that gives weight control of individual slices, regardless of belly size. High yields with low giveaway are the norm thanks to the precision and control that delivers constant weight portions with remarkable consistency. End user and consumer appeal is enhanced because the end product has a uniform appearance, texture and quality and can be sorted into fixed weight /fixed count packs.
As the feed tracks index the bellies into the blades, slices are positioned onto the discharge belts with precision and absolutely no overlap. Laydown, including adjustable spacing between slices, is virtually perfect. Consistent slices between 1 mm and 10 mm can be produced at speeds up to 1 million slices per day.
Undercooking is completely eliminated further enhancing accuracy of finished, cooked slice weight. Likewise, over packing is eliminated, giveaway is greatly reduced and an extremely good return on investment is realised.
Features & Benefits
- Users are experiencing double digit percentage increases in raw slices per pound
- Achieves in excess of 7% more Grade 1 cooked slices
- High pack weight accuracy with extremely low giveaway
- Low maintenance cost
- Fast ROI
- Interface with microwave cooker for consistent cooked weights